Photo Shoot Check List
Your efforts will make a huge difference in your home's appeal to potential buyers
- De-clutter to maximize the appearance of spaciousness. Leave only larger décor items like vases and bowls
- De-personalize by removing family photos and memorabilia. It helps buyers see themselves in their new home.
- Windows and mirrors photograph best when clean and streak-free.
- Lighting – check for and replace all dead bulbs. We shoot with every light on!
- Ceiling fans off, but ceiling fan lights on, please.
- Floor mats and door mats should be removed for the shoot.
Living Room & Family Room:
- Remove remote controls, portable phones, toys, and other small, distracting items.
- Dishes, pots, and pans should be cleaned and stored. Sink should be empty and clean.
- Sponges, dish soap, and hand towels should be out of sight.
- Countertops need to be cleared and clean and appliances need to sparkle.
- Countertop appliances – leave your 2 or 3 nicest ones out, please store the rest.
- Remove floor mats.
- Refrigerator doors must be free of all photos, magnets, notes and stickers.
Home Offices and Workrooms:
- Papers, files, bills, notes, magazines, memorabilia all need to be stored.
- De-clutter all surfaces. Please stow cords out of sight where possible.
- Organize what you can't store, but remove as much as you can.
- Beds should be freshly made.
- Store toys and remove personal items like family photos.
- Clear nightstands and dressers of remotes, portable phones, and other small items.
- Towels should be fresh, neatly folded and draped, and color coordinated.
- Shower doors, sinks, and countertops should be squeaky clean.
- Shampoo, soap, razors, brushes, and all personal toiletries should be hidden.
- Remove floor mats.
- Remove cars from driveway and front of house.
- Store garbage and recycling containers in garage or out of sight.
- Sweep walks and store garden hoses out of sight.
- The lawn should be recently mowed.
- Remove covers from hot tubs and in-ground swimming pools. Store pool tools.
- Active pets like to be in the picture. Please find a quiet place for them.
- Pet food bowls, bedding, litter boxes and toys should be stored out of sight.